Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Facial growth evaluation of complete unilateral cleft lip and palate operated patients: a cleft reference center in Paraíba, Brazil, using the GOSLON yardstick
- Universidade Federal da Paraíba (UFPB)
- Universidade de São Paulo (USP)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Federal University of Paraiba
- Pernambuco University
- Objectives: To evaluate the surgical outcomes of patients with complete unilateral cleft lip and palate (CUCLP) operated on by a single surgeon of the cleft reference center of the Lauro Wanderley University Hospital at the Federal University of Paraiba. Methods: Forty-four individuals' dental casts diagnosed with CUCLP, born between 1995 and 2002, mean age of 11 years, were evaluated by three calibrated orthodontic specialists and scored by the Great Ormond Street, London and Oslo (GOSLON) yardstick on two occasions. The scores were compared with those observed in other centers around the world. The Kappa test was applied to evaluate the intra- and inter-examiner agreement. Descriptive statistics was applied for the GOSLON yardsticks core. Results: The mean GOSLON score was 2.75. For the GOSLON yardstick, 43.2 % of the sample presented scores 1 and 2, 31.8 % had score 3, and 25 % were with scores 4 and 5. There was very good intra- and inter-examiner Kappa agreement in the application of the GOSLON yardstick. Conclusions: The data suggest favorable outcomes, with 75 % of cases with no need of orthognathic surgery. The Kappa values confirmed the high reproducibility of the GOSLON yardstick. © 2013 Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg.
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, p. 1-5.
- Cleft lip and palate
- GOSLON yardstick
- Maxillary growth
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.