Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Dynamics characterization of modified Gross-Pitaevskii equation
- Universidade Cruzeiro Do sul
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Hospital Israelita Albert Einstein
- Universidade Federal do ABC (UFABC)
- The dynamics of dissipative and coherent N-body systems, such as a Bose-Einstein condensate, which can be described by an extended Gross-Pitaevskii formalism, is investigated. In order to analyze chaotic and unstable regimes, two approaches are considered: a metric one, based on calculations of Lyapunov exponents, and an algorithmic one, based on the Lempel-Ziv criterion. The consistency of both approaches is established, with the Lempel-Ziv algorithmic found as an efficient complementary approach to the metric one for the fast characterization of dynamical behaviors obtained from finite sequences. © 2013 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, v. 392, n. 14, p. 3087-3094, 2013.
- Bose-Einstein condensates
- Nonlinear dynamics
- Numerical simulations
- Time series analysis
- Dynamical behaviors
- Finite sequence
- Gross-Pitaevskii equation
- Lyapunov exponent
- N-body system
- Two Approaches
- Chaos theory
- Computer simulation
- Lyapunov methods
- Statistical mechanics
- Bose-Einstein condensation
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.