Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Visitantes florais de Lagerstroemia speciosa Pers: (Lythraceae)
- Floral visitors in Lagerstroemia speciosa Pers: (Lythraceae)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Studies were carried out with Lagerstroemia speciosa Pers. on floral reproductive systems, diversity and constancy of visiting insects at different hours of day, the behaviour of these insects at the flowers and the influence of these environmental factors in relation to their visits. The fenology, anthesis and others particularity of this vegetal species was studied. A great diversity of insects was verified visiting the flowers with the predominance of bees. The most frequent and constant species encountered were: Nannotrigona testaceicornis (Lepeletier, 1836) (40,2%), Tetragonisca angustula (Latreille, 1811) (16,9%), Apis mellifera Linnaeus, 1758 (11,8%), Plebeia droryana (Friese, 1900) (9,1 %) e Exomalopsis fulvofasciata (Smith, 1879) (8,5%). The blossoms possessis features of melittophily syndrome and diurnal anthesis. The environmental factors influence the insects foraging activity, mainly temperature, light, time of day, humidity and wind speed. The effective pollinators were the large insects like Bombus morio (Swederus, 1787), Bombus atratus (Franklin, 1913), Centris tarsata (Smith, 1874), Centris flavifrons Fabricius, 1775, Xylocopa suspecta Camargo & Moure, 1988, Xylocopa frontalis (Olivier, 1789) and Eulaema nigrita Lepeletier, 1841.
- Revista Brasileira de Zoologia. Sociedade Brasileira de Zoologia, v. 16, n. 2, p. 397-407, 1999.
- Sociedade Brasileira de Zoologia
- flower visitors
- Lagerstroemia speciosa
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.