Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Efeito da suplementação de betaína em dietas de frangos de corte em condições de termoneutralidade
- Effect of betaine supplementation in diets for broiler chickens on thermoneutral environment
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Btech Tecnologias Agropecuárias e Comércio Ltda
- The aim of this study was to evaluate the effect of inclusion of betaine in broiler diets on performance and intestinal morphology of broilers during periods 1 to 7 and 8 to 21 days old. Were used 1,408 Cobb male broiler, randomly assigned into 4 treatments with 16 replicates of 22 birds in environmental chambers. The treatments were: i) positive control - diet formulated according to the nutritional requirements of the birds; ii) negative control - with reduction levels of methionine and choline; iii) negative control + 0.092% supplementation of betaine in substitution of methionine and total choline; iv) negative control + 0.1% supplementation of natural betaine to replace partial methionine and total choline. Were evaluated feed intake, weight gain and feed conversion at 7 and 21 days old. At 25 days were evaluated crypt height and depth of jejunum. The results were analyzed by ANOVA and mean comparison test. The results obtained with the supplementation of betaine in the feed only demonstrated a positive effect on feed consumption during 1 to 7 days, and villous height of the jejunum in the period of 8 to 21 days. Supplementation of 0.1% betafin (96% natural betaine) in the diet provided significant improvements in the morphological characteristics of the small intestine of broilers.
- Revista Brasileirade Ciencias Agrarias, v. 8, n. 2, p. 336-341, 2013.
- Integrity of intestinal
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.