Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Ultrassonografia oftálmica em cães com diferentes conformações cranianas
- Ophthalmic ultrasound of dogs with different skull conformations
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- The aim of this study was to establish mean values for intraocular structures and analyse if the differences are present for different skull conformations in dogs. In this study, 30 dogs were selected and distributed into three groups according to skull conformation; thus, group 1 (G1) was composed of brachycephalic dogs, group 2 (G2) was composed of mesocephalic dogs and group 3 (G3) was composed of dolichocephalic dogs. A and B-mode ultrasound was performed simultaneously for obtainment of measurements relating to anterior chamber depth (D1); lens thickness (D2); vitreous chamber depth (D3); and the axial length of the eye (D4). No differences were observed when comparing left and right eyes of dogs within the same skull conformation group (p>0.05). Differences were observed when comparing D3 and D4 between groups G2 and G3 (p<0.05). Skull conformation of brachycephalic dogs did not influence intraocular measurement values when compared to dolicephalic and mesocephalic dogs. Skull conformation of dolichocephalic dogs had an influence in values of vitreous chamber and the complete length of the eye when compared to mesocephalic dogs.
- Revista Brasileirade Ciencias Agrarias, v. 8, n. 2, p. 331-335, 2013.
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.