Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Flavonoids and a naphthopyranone from Eriocaulon ligulatum and their mutagenic activity
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade de São Paulo (USP)
- A new acylated flavonoid, 6,4'-dimethoxyquereetin-3-O-beta-D-6 ''[3,4,5-trihydroxy (E)-cinnamoyl]glucopyranoside, and a naphthopyranone dimer, named eriocauline, together with 2 other known flavonoids, 6-methoxyapigenin-7-O-beta-D-glucopyranoside and 6-methoxyapigenin-7-O-beta-D-allopyranoside, have been isolated from the capitulae of Eriocaulon ligulatum. The compounds were identified using spectroscopic methods (HR-ESI-MS, and 1-D and 2-D NMR). The methanol extract exhibited mutagenic activity in the Salmonella/microsome assay, in strains TA100, TA97a and TA102 and for dichloromethane extract tested in strain TA98.
- Chemical & Pharmaceutical Bulletin. Tokyo: Pharmaceutical Soc Japan, v. 55, n. 11, p. 1635-1639, 2007.
- Pharmaceutical Soc Japan
- Eriocaulon ligulatum
- Ames test
- high speed counter-current chromatography
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.