Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Inclusion complex of piroxicam with beta-cyclodextrin and incorporation in hexadecyltrimethylammonium bromide based microemulsion
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade Federal de Sergipe (UFS)
- The interaction of piroxicam with beta-cyclodextrin (beta-CD), hexadecyltrimethylammonium bromide-based microemulsion (ME), and ME in the presence of beta-CD aimed at the optimization of topical drug delivery was studied. UV-VIS absorption spectra at pH 5.5 were obtained with and without beta-CD and ME. The stability constant (K) values for the piroxicam/beta-CD complex in the pH range 4.5-6.0 varied from 87 to 29 M-1. The cationic microemulsion was characterized by pseudo-ternary phase diagram. The association constant (K-s) of piroxicam/ME was determined using the framework of the pseudophase model. The value of K-s obtained for piroxicam at pH 5.5 was 132 M-1. At the same pH, the value of K-s for the incorporation of piroxicam/beta-CD complex in the ME was 150 M-1. (C) 1999 Elsevier B.V. B.V. All rights reserved.
- International Journal of Pharmaceutics. Amsterdam: Elsevier B.V., v. 184, n. 2, p. 157-164, 1999.
- Elsevier B.V.
- beta-cyclodextrin inclusion complex
- microemulsion incorporation
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.