Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Rendimento e qualidade de melancia cultivada sob proteção de agrotêxtil combinado com mulching plástico
- Yield and quality of watermelon grown under nonwoven textile protection combined with plastic mulching
- Universidade Federal Rural de Pernambuco (UFRPE)
- Universidade Federal Rural do Semi-Árido (UFERSA)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- The ground cover is an agricultural practice that is designed mainly to control weeds, while the nonwoven prevents the attack of pests. The objective of this study was to evaluate the yield and fruit quality of watermelon grown under nonwoven textile protection combined with plastic mulching. The experiment was conducted at the WG Fruits Company, Baraúna, RN. A randomized block design was used in a factorial 3 x 3 + 1 with four replications, and 36 plants per plot, with the first factor of color of plastic used in mulching (black, silver and white) and the second factor nonwoven textile with different times of use (first and third crop nonwoven under textile and without nonwoven) and an absolute control (no mulching and without nonwoven). The production variables evaluated were: yield (commercial, noncommercial, and total fruit yield), and fruit quality (soluble solids - SS, titratable acidity - TA and SS/TA). The use of mulching and protection of plants with nonwoven textile provided a higher yield of watermelon fruits in relation to bare soil with and without nonwoven textile protection. Fruit quality was not affected by the use of mulching and nonwoven.
- Revista Brasileira de Engenharia Agricola e Ambiental, v. 17, n. 8, p. 824-829, 2013.
- Citrullus lanatus L.
- Protected cultivation
- Soil cover
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.