Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Photoelectrochemical properties of FTO/m-BiVO4 electrode in different electrolytes solutions under visible light irradiation
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade Estadual de Londrina (UEL)
- Photoelectrochemical properties of FTO/BiVO4 electrode were investigated in different electrolytic solutions, potassium chloride (KCl) and sodium sulphate (Na2SO4), and under visible light irradiation condition. In order to accomplish that, an FTO/BiVO4 electrode was built by combining the solution combustion synthesis technique with the dip-coating deposition process. The morphology and structure of the BiVO4 electrode were investigated through X-ray diffraction, scanning electron microscopy, Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy, and Raman spectroscopy. Photoelectrochemical properties were analyzed through chronoamperometry measurements. Results have shown that the FTO/BiVO4 electrode presents higher electroactivity in the electrolyte Na2SO4, leading to better current stabilization, response time, and photoinduced current density, when compared to KCl electrolyte. Besides, this electrode shows excellent performance for methylene blue degradation under visible light irradiation condition. In Na2SO4, the electrode has shown higher degradation rate, 51 %, in contrast to 44 % in KCl, plus higher rate constant, 174 × 10-4 min-1 compared to 150 × 10-4 min-1 in KCl. Results presented in this communication leads to the indication of BiVO4 thin films as alternate materials to use in heterogeneous photoelectrocatalysis, more specifically in decontamination of surface water. © 2013 Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg.
- Ionics, p. 1-9.
- Different electrolytes
- Methylene blue
- Photoelectrochemical properties
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.