Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Avaliação do uso de imobili zação externa após descompressão e fusão cervical por via anterior. Revisão Sistemática
- Evaluation of the use of cervical restraint collar after anterior cervical fusion and decompression. Systematic review
- Santa Casa da Misericórdia de Santos
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Hospital Do Servidor Público Estadual Francisco Morato de Oliveira
- Universidade Federal de São Paulo (UNIFESP)
- This study aims to evaluate safety and effectiveness of the use of orthesis in postoperative degenerative disorders of the cervical spine. Although widely used, there are not defined criteria for the use of cervical collars, and their importance on cervical arthrodesis. A systematic literature review was undertaken and a multicentre controlled clinical trial comprising 32 specialized services, with a total of 257 patients who met the inclusion criteria of the review. Clinical and radiographic outcomes were compared in post surgical patients that used or not rigid cervical collar during 6 to 12 weeks after surgery. The evidence available on literature, although weak, suggests that cervical collar decreases the clinical scores in first weeks after surgery. Furthermore, it does not alter the rate of fusion when used concomitantly with plaque and screws through anterior access in cervical degenerative diseases on a single anatomical level.
- Coluna/ Columna, v. 12, n. 2, p. 160-163, 2013.
- Intervertebral disk displacement
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.