Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- TNFa-e microsatellite, HLA-DRB1 and-DQB1 alleles and haplotypes in Brazilian patients presenting recently diagnosed type 1 diabetes mellitus
- Universidade de São Paulo (USP)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- TNF microsatellite and HLA class II polymorphisms were studied in 28 recently diagnosed Brazilian patients presenting type 1 diabetes mellitus (T1DM) and in 120 healthy controls. TNFa-e and HLA-DRB1/DQB1 alleles were identified using sets of sequence-specific primers. Compared to controls, the DRB1* 03 and DQBI*02 allele groups, TNFa1 allele, and the TNFa4-b5-c1-d4-e3 and TNFa10-b5-c1-d4-e3 haplotypes were overrepresented in patients. TNF microsatellite together with HLA polymorphisms is associated with type 1 diabetes in Brazilian patients, corroborating the participation of the MHC genes in disease susceptibility.
- Immunology of Diabetes Iv: Progress In Our Understanding. Oxford: Blackwell Publishing, v. 1079, p. 300-304, 2006.
- Blackwell Publishing
- type 1 diabetes mellitus
- TNF microsatellite
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.