Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Hot Brownian carriers in the Langevin picture: Application to a simple model for the Gunn effect in GaAs
- Universidade Estadual de Campinas (UNICAMP)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- We consider a charged Brownian gas under the influence of external, static and uniform electric and magnetic fields, immersed in a uniform bath temperature. We obtain the solution for the associated Langevin equation, and thereafter the evolution of the nonequilibrium temperature towards a nonequilibrium (hot) steady state. We apply our results to a simple yet relevant Brownian model for carrier transport in GaAs. We obtain a negative differential conductivity regime (Gunn effect) and discuss and compare our results with the experimental results. © 2013.
- Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications.
- Brownian motion
- Carrier transport
- Dissipative dynamics
- Evolution of nonequilibrium systems
- Langevin equation
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.