Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Uma experiência de corrosão metálica em meio ácido
- An experience of metallic corrosion in acidic medium
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- In this paper it is proposed a method to characterize the corrosion reactions of many metals and alloys in acid media and to evaluate the corrosion rate. An alloy of aluminum and zinc was partially dissolved in HCl solution and the medium acidity decrease was monitored at different time intervals by using a pHmeter. Data analysis and physical chemistry treatment permitted associate the pH increase with the alloy mass loss. This proposal promotes learning of terminology and concepts involved as well as contribute to better understand the corrosion phenomena.
- Revista Virtual de Quimica, v. 5, n. 4, p. 724-733, 2013.
- Aluminum alloys
- Chemistry education
- Generalized corrosion
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.