Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Electrochemical sensor for ranitidine determination based on carbon paste electrode modified with oxovanadium (IV) salen complex
- Universidade de São Paulo (USP)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade Federal de São Carlos (UFSCar)
- Universidade Federal do Paraná (UFPR)
- The preparation and electrochemical characterization of a carbon paste electrode modified with the N,N-ethylene-bis(salicyllideneiminato)oxovanadium (IV) complex ([VO(salen)]) as well as its application for ranitidine determination are described. The electrochemical behavior of the modified electrode for the electroreduction of ranitidine was investigated using cyclic voltammetry, and analytical curves were obtained for ranitidine using linear sweep voltammetry (LSV) under optimized conditions. The best voltammetric response was obtained for an electrode composition of 20% (m/m) [VO(salen)] in the paste, 0.10 mol L- 1 of KCl solution (pH 5.5 adjusted with HCl) as supporting electrolyte and scan rate of 25 mV s- 1. A sensitive linear voltammetric response for ranitidine was obtained in the concentration range from 9.9 × 10- 5 to 1.0 × 10- 3 mol L- 1, with a detection limit of 6.6 × 10- 5 mol L- 1 using linear sweep voltammetry. These results demonstrated the viability of this modified electrode as a sensor for determination, quality control and routine analysis of ranitidine in pharmaceutical formulations. © 2013 Published by Elsevier B.V.
- Materials Science and Engineering C, v. 33, n. 7, p. 4081-4085, 2013.
- Electrochemical sensor
- Modified carbon paste electrode
- Oxovanadium (IV) complex of salen
- Electrochemical behaviors
- Electrochemical characterizations
- Linear sweep voltammetry
- Oxovanadium complexes
- Pharmaceutical formulation
- Supporting electrolyte
- Curve fitting
- Cyclic voltammetry
- Electrochemical sensors
- Electrolytic reduction
- Electrochemical electrodes
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.