Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Dynamical properties for a mixed Fermi accelerator model
- Universidade Federal da Integração Internacional da Lusofonia Afro-Brasileira (UNILAB)
- Universidade Federal do Ceará (UFC)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- The behavior of the decay of velocity in a semi-dissipative one-dimensional Fermi accelerator model is considered. Two different kinds of dissipative forces were considered: (i) F-v and; (ii) F-v2. We prove the decay of velocity is linear for (i) and exponential for (ii). During the decay, the particles move along specific corridors which are constructed by the borders of the stable manifolds of saddle points. These corridors organize themselves in a very complicated way in the phase space leading the basin of attraction of the sinks to be seemingly of fractal type. © 2013 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, v. 392, n. 19, p. 4231-4241, 2013.
- Decay of energy
- Fermi map
- Basin of attraction
- Dissipative forces
- Dynamical properties
- Fractal type
- Saddle point
- Stable manifold
- Automobile engine manifolds
- Phase space methods
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.