Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Ritual de consumo do crack: Aspectos socioantropológicos e repercussões para a saúde dos usuários
- The ritual of crack consumption: Socio-anthropological aspects and impacts on the health of users
- Universidade Estadual do Ceará (UECE)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- The use of crack cocaine has given rise to an intense discussion in society. Research has contributed to the characterization of users and the negative consequences of its use. However, few studies have conducted in-depth study of the social and cultural contexts in which crack cocaine is used. Thus, this study seeks to discuss the ritual of crack cocaine use and its social and health consequences for the user. It is a qualitative study developed in the Psychosocial Care Centers for Alcohol and Drugs (Portuguese acronym: Caps-ad). The individuals were selected in two groups of keyinformants: crack cocaine users undergoing treatment and health professionals. Data was obtained by means of semi-structured interviews. The results revealed that the use of crack cocaine is not dissociated with the current organizational structure of society. There is a link between the use of this substance and the social organization for its use. By using crack cocaine, the individuals try to be part of a consumer market, actively participating in what society perceives as new. The forms and locations of use are directly related to users' health, making it necessary for healthcare services to detect, approach and make health interventions in these locations of use.
- Ciencia e Saude Coletiva, v. 18, n. 10, p. 2909-2918, 2013.
- Crack cocaine
- Detriments to health
- Social and anthropological aspects
- Substance-related disorders
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.