Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Relationship between age of waste and natural electric potential generation in Sanitary Landfill
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade Federal de Alfenas (UNIFAL)
- Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq)
- The geophysical methods are effective tools for determining changes in physical parameters of the geological environment, as soil or groundwater in the presence of contamination. This work consisted on analyzing the natural electric potential obtained over domestic solid waste ditches with controlled closure dates. The interpretation data suggest the generation of electric potential predominantly through the redox phenomenon, as opposed to the flow potential phenomenon. The statistical data analysis indicates a correlation between residence time of the waste and growing variations of voltage. In addition highlights that eight years are required to achieve the reported values for the area with absence of waste, time estimated for decomposition of most organic matter contained in the buried waste.
- Geofisica Internacional, v. 52, n. 4, p. 375-383, 2013.
- Organic matter
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.