Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Obtenção de fosfatos de cálcio pelo método biomimético sobre a superfície da liga Ti-6Al-4V modificada pelo laser Nd:YAG
- Calcium phosphates obtained by the biometric method onto the Ti-6Al-4V alloy surface modified by a Nd:YAG laser
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade de São Paulo (USP)
- In this work, surface modification of the Ti-6Al-4V alloy by irradiation with a Nd:YAG laser beam was studied. The matrix spacing was varied and the other parameters were kept constant. After theirradiation, the samples were immersed into SBF solution (Simulated Body Fluid) for 7 days at 37 ° C for nucleation and formation of calcium phosphates. After this period, the samples were subjected to a heat treatment at 600 °C. X-ray diffraction results indicated the formation of a mixture of phases containing hydroxyapatite and tricalcium phosphate. Infrared analysis demonstrated the presence of bands related to hydroxyapatite. SEM micrographs showed that different matrix spacing used leads to the formation of different morphologies.The 0.01 cm spacing induced the formation of microspheres, characteristic of the hydroxyapatite phase, while for 0.02 cm spacing, only a non-homogeneous coating was obtained. Therefore, the use of laser in the production of active surfaces for deposition of bioceramics proved to be viable, and the final coating has potential for applications in the field of dental implants.
- Revista Materia, v. 18, n. 2, p. 1306-1312, 2013.
- Dental implants
- Nd:YAG laser
- Ti-6Al-4V alloy
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.