Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Concentrações de ferro, cobre, zinco e manganês em equinos da raça Puro-sangue Lusitano, antes e após exercício1
- Serum concentration of iron, copper, zinc and manganese in Pure-bred Lusitano horses, before and after exercise
- Universidade do Oeste Paulista (UNOESTE)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- In order to evaluate the sera concentrations of iron, copper, zinc and manganese trace minerals in thirty Pure-bred Lusitano athlete horses before and after exercise certified by clinical and laboratory assessments were studied. Blood samples were taken before and after 20 minutes of a dairy trot and gallop slight training, perfomed in a sandy floor ring, to measure the mineral concentrations, by atomic absorption spectrophotometry. It was observed that after exercising, the serum activity of iron did not change (P=0.2365), whereas copper values have significantly risen after training (P<0.001). On the other hand, zinc and manganese trace minerals decreased after exercise (P<0.001). In conclusion, it is possible to consider that the short time exercise may trigger sweating and consequently to change the seru.
- Pesquisa Veterinaria Brasileira, v. 33, n. 8, p. 1045-1048, 2013.
- Athletic horses.
- Physical activity
- Trace minerals
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.