Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Digestible tryptophan requirements for broilers from 22 to 42 days old
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade Federal de Goiás (UFG)
- Universidade Federal do Maranhão (UFMA)
- Universidade Estadual de Maringá (UEM)
- Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo (FAPESP)
- The objective of this experiment was to establish different criteria to evaluate the requirements of digestible tryptophan for broilers from 22 to 42 d of age, using different regression models (quadratic, exponential and Linear Response Plateau) and in case of statistical significancethecomparisonofmeansbyDuncantestat5%probabilitywasalsoadopted.Atotal of 1,920 Cobb 500 male broilers were distributed in a completely randomized experimental design, with 6 treatments (6 digestible tryptophan levels: 0.1395, 0.1610, 0.1825, 0.2040, 0.2255 and 0.2470%) and 8 replications containing 40 broilers each. Performance and carcass characteristics were evaluated. The level of 0.2255% of digestible tryptophan numerically improves feed conversion, and the 0.1919% estimated by the quadratic equation significantlyimprovescarcassyield. © 2013 Sociedade Brasileira de Zootecnia.
- Revista Brasileira de Zootecnia, v. 42, n. 10, p. 728-733, 2013.
- Digestible amino acids
- Ideal protein
- Regression analysis
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.