Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Dynamical properties for an ensemble of classical particles moving in a driven potential well with different time perturbation
- Universidade de São Paulo (USP)
- University of Bristol
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- We consider dynamical properties for an ensemble of classical particles confined to an infinite box of potential and containing a time-dependent potential well described by different nonlinear functions. For smooth functions, the phase space contains chaotic trajectories, periodic islands and invariant spanning curves preventing the unlimited particle diffusion along the energy axis. Average properties of the chaotic sea are characterised as a function of the control parameters and exponents describing their behaviour show no dependence on the perturbation functions. Given invariant spanning curves are present in the phase space, a sticky region was observed and show to modify locally the diffusion of the particles. © 2013 Elsevier B.V.
- Physics Letters, Section A: General, Atomic and Solid State Physics, v. 377, n. 31-33, p. 1814-1821, 2013.
- Dynamical system
- Potential well
- Two-dimensional mapping
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.