Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- A Combined Study of the Pion's Static Properties and form Factors
- Universidade Cruzeiro do Sul
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Instituto Tecnológico de Aeronáutica
- We study consistently the pion's static observables and the elastic and γ* γ → π0 transition form factors within a light-front model. Consistency requires that all calculations are performed within a given model with the same and single adjusted length or mass-scale parameter of the associated pion bound-state wave function. Our results agree well with all extent data including recent Belle data on the γ* γ → π0 form factor at large q2, yet the BaBar data on this transition form factor resists a sensible comparison. We relax the initial constraint on the bound-state wave function and show the BaBar data can partially be accommodated. This, however, comes at the cost of a hard elastic form factor not in agreement with experiment. Moreover, the pion charge radius is about 40 % smaller than its experimentally determined value. It is argued that a decreasing charge radius produces an ever harder form factor with a bound-state amplitude difficultly reconcilable with soft QCD. We also discuss why vector dominance type models for the photon-quark vertex, based on analyticity and crossing symmetry, are unlikely to reproduce the litigious transition form factor data. © 2013 Springer-Verlag Wien.
- Few-Body Systems, v. 54, n. 11, p. 1851-1863, 2013.
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.