Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Synthesis, Characterization and Pharmacological Evaluation of 1-(2-Chloro-6-Fluorophenyl)-5-Methylindolin-2-One: A New Anti-Inflammatory Compound with Reduced Gastric Ulceration Properties
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Coordenação de Aperfeiçoamento de Pessoal de Nível Superior (CAPES)
- Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo (FAPESP)
- The new compound 1-(2-chloro-6-fluorophenyl)-5-methylindolin-2-one (1), designed using the prodrug approach, was easily obtained in 85% yield and characterized by nuclear magnetic resonance, elemental analysis, mass spectrometry and infrared spectroscopy. The lactam 1 showed anti-inflammatory and analgesic activity comparable to that of the COX-2 inhibitor lumiracoxib, without gastro-ulceration effects. Stability studies demonstrated that the lactam function was stable and did not hydrolyze in pH 1.2 or 7.4. Furthermore, using a thioglycollate-induced peritonitis model, compound 1 was shown to inhibit cell migration by 50.4%, while lumiracoxib inhibited it by 18%. This compound represents a new non-ulcerogenic prototype for the treatment of chronic inflammatory diseases.
- Molecules. Basel: Mdpi Ag, v. 15, n. 11, p. 8039-8047, 2010.
- Mdpi Ag
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.