Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- LC Evaluation of Intestinal Transport of Praziquantel
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Univ Sorocaba
- Coordenação de Aperfeiçoamento de Pessoal de Nível Superior (CAPES)
- Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq)
- Praziquantel (PZQ) is a highly lipophilic drug with low aqueous solubility. Despite this, it is well absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract. In this study, a simple LC method was developed and validated, in order to monitor the concentration of PZQ in TC-199 buffer in vitro, in the rat everted gut sac absorption model. PZQ was analyzed by a reversed-phase LC method with an isocratic mobile phase containing acetonitrile and water in the proportions 45:55. The flow-rate was 1 mL min(-1) and PZQ was determined by measuring absorbance at 215 nm, at 25 A degrees C. The method was found to be specific, as none of the components of TC-199 or intestinal sac artefacts interfered with the drug peak. Recovery was within acceptable statistical limits. The limit of detection was 0.54 mu g mL(-1) and the limit of quantitation was 1.63 mu g mL(-1). The calibration curve was found to be linear in the concentration range of 10-90 mu g mL(-1) PZQ. The proposed method was found to be rapid and selective and hence can be applied in the monitoring of the absorption of PZQ in in vitro everted gut sac absorption studies.
- Chromatographia. Wiesbaden: Vieweg, v. 69, p. 213-217, 2009.
- Column liquid chromatography
- Intestinal permeation assay
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.