Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Evaluation of Preservative Effectiveness of Liquid Crystalline Systems with Retynil Palmitate by the Challenge Test and D-value
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Univ Metodista Piracicaba
- Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq)
- Fundação para o Desenvolvimento da UNESP (FUNDUNESP)
- Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo (FAPESP)
- Programa de Apoio ao Desenvolvimento Científico da Faculdade de Ciências Farmacêuticas da UNESP (PADC)
- The objective of this work was to evaluate the preservative effectiveness of liquid crystalline systems containing retynil palmitate (RP) by the challenge test (CT) and D-value. A system was developed containing water, silicon glycol copolymer, and polyether functional siloxane with 1% RP added. The analyses were carried out by methods in the U.S. Pharmacopeia (USP 31, 2008) using the microorganisms Escherichia coil, Staphylococcus aureus, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Candida albicans, and Aspergillus niger. The CT showed that after 7 days, all microorganisms were eliminated except A. niger, which maintained viability for at least 28 days after inoculation. Moreover, the microorganisms E. coil, P. aeruginosa, S. aureus, C. albicans, and A. niger presented different growth behaviors, evidenced by differences among the D-values calculated. It was concluded that the CT and D-value were efficient methods for evaluation of the preservative property of these formulations.
- Journal of Aoac International. Gaithersburg: Aoac Int, v. 94, n. 1, p. 118-127, 2011.
- Aoac Int
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.