Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Spectrophotometric determination of ceftazidime in pharmaceutical preparations using neocuproin as a complexing agent
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Programa de Apoio ao Desenvolvimento Científico da Faculdade de Ciências Farmacêuticas da UNESP (PADC)
- Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq)
- Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo (FAPESP)
- A simple and reproducible spectrophotometric method for the assay of ceftazidime with neocuproin-copper(II) reagent has been developed. The procedure is based on the drug in an acidic medium, subsequent formation of yellow ternary complex in citrate buffer solution (pH 4.2), and measurement at 454 nm. Beer's law is obeyed in the range 15.0-40.0 mu g mL(-1) with correlation coefficient r(2) = 0.9995. The procedure holds good accuracy and precision when applied to the analysis of ceftazidime in powder for injection with good recovery percent ranging from 100.17 +/- 1.0 without interference from additives.
- Analytical Letters. Philadelphia: Taylor & Francis Inc, v. 41, n. 12, p. 2143-2152, 2008.
- Taylor & Francis Inc
- pharmaceutical analysis
- quality control
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.