Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- The occurrence of Crepidobothrium sp. (Cestoda, Proteocephalidae) in Bothrops moojeni (Hoge) (Serpentes, Viperidae)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- The occurrence of Crepidobothrium sp.(Cestoda, Proteocephalidae) in the intestine of Bothrops moojeni (Hoge,1965)(Serpentes, Viperidae) is reported. The host snake was rescued from the fauna in Porto Primavera dam, Mato Grosso do Sul State, Brazil. The snake died in captivity on July 13,1999. At necropsy, 28 tapeworms were found in the snake intestine. The analysis of specimens morphology allowed the conclusion that they belong to the Crepidobothrium (Monticelli, 1900) genus. It was not possible to determine the Crepidobothrium species due to the lack of the gravid proglottids. This is the first report of B. moojeni as a host of cestodes.
- Revista Brasileira de Zoologia. Sociedade Brasileira de Zoologia, v. 18, n. 2, p. 375-379, 2001.
- Sociedade Brasileira de Zoologia
- Bothrops moojeni
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.