Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Isolation and isoenzyme characterization of Leishmania (Viannia) braziliensis from a case of human cutaneous leishmaniasis in northeast centre of the state of São Paulo
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade Estadual de Campinas (UNICAMP)
- Posto de Saúde do Município de Rincão
- Fiocruz Instituto Oswaldo Cruz Laboratório de Pesquisas em Leishmaniose
- The diagnosis of human cutaneous leishmaniasis in small towns is sometimes made without the species identification of the Leishmania, even in areas without previous epidemiological surveys. Here we report the isolation of a Leishmania strain from a patient of Rincão, state of São Paulo, that was identified by isoenzyme characterization as L. (Viannia) braziliensis. Sand fly collections were made in the area where the patient live in order to investigate the likely vector species.
- Memórias do Instituto Oswaldo Cruz. Instituto Oswaldo Cruz, Ministério da Saúde, v. 100, n. 7, p. 733-734, 2005.
- Instituto Oswaldo Cruz, Ministério da Saúde
- Leishmania braziliensis
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.