Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Estudo de ovos de quatro espécies do gênero Meccus (Hemiptera, Reduviidae, Triatominae), vetores da doença de Chagas
- Morphologic, morphometrical, and histological aspects of the eggs of four species of the genera Meccus (Hemiptera, Reduviidae, Triatominae)
- Universidade de São Paulo (USP)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Fiocruz Instituto Oswaldo Cruz Laboratório Nacional e Internacional de Referência em Taxonomia de Triatomíneos
- The objective of this work was to analyze the morphological, morphometrical, and histological characteristics of eggs of four triatomine bugs species still not studied, in order to understand phylogenetic aspects and to facilitate parameters used in taxonomy, with the purpose of a specific and generic characterization of these vectors in public health. The eggs of each species had come from the collections of the Laboratory of Triatomine bugs and Culicid mosquitoes of the Faculdade de Saúde Pública - USP (Faculty of Public Health/USP). The morphologic studies were carried out through optic microscopy (OM) and scanning electronic microscopy (SEM). The eggs were measured with the help of the digital paquimeter Starrett® 727. In relation to histological measures, Microtome Leica RM 2145® was used. Similarities were evidenced in the exocorial architecture of the eggs when they were studied by OM and SEM. This similarity among the eggs suggests a recent speciation, probably derived from common ancestry, representing a monophyletic group. Some structures were also detected by the histological cuts. The study has contributed to the magnification and recognition in generic and specific terms of the Triatominae subfamily. These new data will be able to subsidize a better understanding to determine roles for each vector species and to facilitate parameters to be used in taxonomy.
- Memórias do Instituto Oswaldo Cruz. Instituto Oswaldo Cruz, Ministério da Saúde, v. 102, n. 1, p. 13-20, 2007.
- Instituto Oswaldo Cruz, Ministério da Saúde
- scanning electronic microscopy
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.