Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Determinação do perfil de compostos voláteis e avaliação do sabor e aroma de bebidas produzidas a partir da erva-mate (Ilex paraguariensis)
- Volatile compounds profile and flavor analysis of yerba mate (Ilex paraguariensis) beverages
- Universidade de São Paulo (USP)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Instituto Agronômico (IAC)
- Universidade Estadual de Campinas (UNICAMP)
- Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo (FAPESP)
- Volatile compounds from green and roasted yerba mate were analyzed by gas chromatography/mass spectrometry and the flavor profile from yerba mate beverages was determined by descriptive quantitative analyses. The main compounds tentatively identified in green mate were linalool, alpha-terpineol and trans-linalool oxide and in roasted mate were (E,Z)-2,4-heptadienal isomers and 5-methylfurfural. Green mate infusion was qualified as having bitter taste and aroma as well as green grass aroma while roasted mate was defined as having a smooth, slightly burnt aroma. The relationship between the tentatively identified compounds and flavor must be determined by olfatometric analysis.
- Química Nova. Sociedade Brasileira de Química, v. 30, n. 3, p. 513-518, 2007.
- Sociedade Brasileira de Química
- yerba mate
- volatile compounds
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.