Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Taenia saginata: Production and characterization of monoclonal antibodies against Taenia saginata metacestode antigens
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo (FAPESP)
- Coordenação de Aperfeiçoamento de Pessoal de Nível Superior (CAPES)
- FAPESP: 08/53723-1
- Cysticercosis is a major cause of economic loss in bovine production due to meat condemnation. Chemotherapy is being used in Brazilian cattle and a diagnostic test to improve the treatment program is desired. We produced monoclonal antibodies against crude (TAEB) and cyst fluid (TAEF) Taenia saginata metacestode antigens using immunized BALB/c mice. After cell fusion, 10 TAEB and nine TAEF hybrids were selected and cloned resulting in 18 IgG(1), and 32 IgM TAEB clones, and 9 IgG(1), and 9 IgM TAEF clones. Ascites was produced and Western blot testing was performed resulting in reactivity to protein fractions of low molecular weight (<18 kDa), 43, 55, 66 and 100 kDa. The indirect immunofluorescence test, with one monoclonal antibody against crude and one against cyst fluid antigens, recognized antigenic fractions of both the scolex and the bladder wall of metacestodes from naturally infected bovine. (C) 2010 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- Experimental Parasitology. San Diego: Academic Press Inc. Elsevier B.V., v. 126, n. 4, p. 621-625, 2010.
- Academic Press Inc. Elsevier B.V.
- Monoclonal antibody (MAb)
- Taenia saginata
- Bovine cysticercosis
- Crude antigen
- Cyst fluid
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.