Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Tafonomia de moluscos fósseis do Grupo Bauru (Cretáceo Superior, Bacia Bauru), na região do município de Monte Alto, São Paulo, Brasil
- Taphonomy of fossils mollusks of Bauru Group (Late Cretaceous, Bauru Basin), in Monte Alto municipality region, São Paulo, Brazil.
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Bivalves mollusks fossils of Bauru Group (Late Cretaceous, Bauru Basin) deposited in scientific collections and collected in outcrops from Monte Alto municipality, São Paulo, are analyzed in their taphonomy. The preservation of recrystallized individual in carbonatic matrix indicates substrate remobilization by unidirectional energetic event in fluvial discharge. The specimens with conjugated valves possess internal sediment similar to the external indicating low exposition to Taphonomical Active Zone, suggesting a bioclastic low time-averaging. The truncate and fragmented posterior portion of specimens from scientific collections is probably related to the incapacity of the taxa to reburrowing the substrate in drowning periods. Both taphonomic patterns corroborate evidences of a fluvial paleoenvironment in the Bauru Group.
- Boletim do Museu Paraense Emilio Goeldi Ciencias Naturais. , v. 6, n. 2, p. 190-206, 2011.
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.