Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Mathematical tests about the existence and applications of PPS-wavelets in function approximation problems
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Neural networks and wavelet transform have been recently seen as attractive tools for developing eficient solutions for many real world problems in function approximation. Function approximation is a very important task in environments where computation has to be based on extracting information from data samples in real world processes. So, mathematical model is a very important tool to guarantee the development of the neural network area. In this article we will introduce one series of mathematical demonstrations that guarantee the wavelets properties for the PPS functions. As application, we will show the use of PPS-wavelets in pattern recognition problems of handwritten digit through function approximation techniques.
- Wavelet Applications V. Bellingham: Spie-int Soc Optical Engineering, v. 3391, p. 455-466, 1998.
- Spie - Int Soc Optical Engineering
- neural networks
- function approximation
- wavelet transform
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.