Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- A novel algorithm for feature selection using Harmony Search and its application for non-technical losses detection
- Universidade de São Paulo (USP)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade Estadual de Campinas (UNICAMP)
- Coordenação de Aperfeiçoamento de Pessoal de Nível Superior (CAPES)
- Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo (FAPESP)
- FAPESP: 09/16206-1
- FAPESP: 10/00994-8
- Finding an optimal subset of features that maximizes classification accuracy is still an open problem. In this paper, we exploit the speed of the Harmony Search algorithm and the Optimum-Path Forest classifier in order to propose a new fast and accurate approach for feature selection. Comparisons to some other pattern recognition and feature selection techniques showed that the proposed hybrid algorithm for feature selection outperformed them. The experiments were carried out in the context of identifying non-technical losses in power distribution systems. (C) 2011 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.
- Computers & Electrical Engineering. Oxford: Pergamon-Elsevier B.V. Ltd, v. 37, n. 6, p. 886-894, 2011.
- Pergamon-Elsevier B.V. Ltd
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.