Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Structural, electronic structure and magnetic studies of SmFe1-xNixO3 (x <= 0.5)
- Natl Inst Technol
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- European Synchrotron Radiat Facil
- Department of Science and Technology (DST) - India
- DST, India: SR/S2/CMP/0051/2007
- We present the structural, electronic structure and magnetic studies of Ni doped SmFeO3. The X-ray diffraction (XRD) studies confirm the single phase nature of the samples having orthorhombic Pbnm structure and the unit-cell volume is decreasing with the increase of Ni concentration. X-ray absorption spectroscopy (XAS) studies on O K. Fe L-3.2, Ni L-3.2 and Sm M-5.4 edges of SmFe1-xNixO3 (x <= 0.5) samples along with the reference compounds revealed the homo-valence state of Fe and Ni in these materials. From magnetization studies it has been observed the materials exhibit ferromagnetic and anti-ferromagnetic sub-lattices, which are strongly dependent on the thermo-magnetic state of the system. (C) 2010 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- Materials Science and Engineering B-advanced Functional Solid-state Materials. Amsterdam: Elsevier B.V., v. 172, n. 3, p. 242-247, 2010.
- Elsevier B.V.
- X-ray absorption spectroscopy
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.