Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Resonant excitation of Mn local vibrational modes in the higher order Raman spectra of nanocrystalline Ga(1-x)Mn(x)N films
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade de São Paulo (USP)
- The effect of manganese on the vibrational properties of Ga(1-x)Mn(x)N (0 <= x <= 0.18) films has been investigated by Raman scattering using 488.0 and 632.8 nm photon excitations. The first-order transverse and longitudinal optical GaN vibrational bands were observed in the whole composition range using both excitations, while the corresponding overtones, as well as a prominent peak located in 1238 cm(-1) (153.5 meV) were only observed in the Mn-containing films under 488.0 nm excitation. We propose that the peak observed at 1238 cm(-1) is due to resonant Mn local vibrational modes, the excitation process being related to electronic transitions involving the Mn acceptor band.
- Journal of Physics-condensed Matter. Bristol: Iop Publishing Ltd, v. 20, n. 25, p. 5, 2008.
- Iop Publishing Ltd
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.