Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Vortex-Antivortex Dynamics in a Mesoscopic Superconducting Prism with a Centered Antidot
- Universidade Federal de Pernambuco (UFPE)
- Univ Nacl Colombia
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Coordenação de Aperfeiçoamento de Pessoal de Nível Superior (CAPES)
- Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq)
- Fundação de Amparo à Ciência e Tecnologia do Estado de Pernambuco (FACEPE)
- Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo (FAPESP)
- CNPq: 555.183/205-0
- FACEPE: APQ-0589-1.05/08
- In this work, we investigated theoretically the dynamics of the annihilation of a vortex-antivortex pair in a superconducting mesoscopic prism of square transversal section with a square antidot inserted at its center. The sample is immersed in a magnetic field applied perpendicular to the sample plane. It is assumed that the inner hole is made of a material whose properties are accounted on de Gennes boundary conditions via de Gennes extrapolation length (b parameter). We analyze the nucleation of vortices and antivortices by increasing the magnetic field from zero until the first vortex is created and then reversing the polarity of the applied magnetic field until an antivortex is also created. Depending on the b parameter, the vortex-antivortex encounter can take place at the hole or at the superconducting region around it. In the framework of the time dependent Ginzburg-Landau theory, we calculate the magnetization, order parameter topology, the position and the velocity of the vortex and antivortex singularities as a function of time.
- Journal of Superconductivity and Novel Magnetism. New York: Springer, v. 24, n. 1-2, p. 97-100, 2011.
- De Gennes parameter
- Lorentz force
- Pinning force
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.