Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- A continuously differentiable upwinding scheme for the simulation of fluid flow problems
- Universidade de São Paulo (USP)
- Universidade do Oeste Paulista (UNOESTE)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo (FAPESP)
- Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq)
- FAPESP: 04/16064-9
- FAPESP: 06/00480-9
- FAPESP: 09/16954-8
- CNPq: 300479/2008-5
- CNPq: 472945/2011-4
- CNPq: PECPG1462/08-3
- This paper deals with the numerical solution of complex fluid dynamics problems using a new bounded high resolution upwind scheme (called SDPUS-C1 henceforth), for convection term discretization. The scheme is based on TVD and CBC stability criteria and is implemented in the context of the finite volume/difference methodologies, either into the CLAWPACK software package for compressible flows or in the Freeflow simulation system for incompressible viscous flows. The performance of the proposed upwind non-oscillatory scheme is demonstrated by solving two-dimensional compressible flow problems, such as shock wave propagation and two-dimensional/axisymmetric incompressible moving free surface flows. The numerical results demonstrate that this new cell-interface reconstruction technique works very well in several practical applications. (C) 2012 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- Applied Mathematics and Computation. New York: Elsevier B.V., v. 218, n. 17, p. 8614-8633, 2012.
- Elsevier B.V.
- TVD/CBC stability
- High resolution schemes
- Convection term discretization
- Boundedness criteria
- Conservation laws
- Free surface flows
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.