Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Superconducting boundary conditions for mesoscopic circular samples
- Univ Nacl Colombia
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade Federal de Pernambuco (UFPE)
- Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo (FAPESP)
- Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq)
- Fundação de Amparo à Ciência e Tecnologia do Estado de Pernambuco (FACEPE)
- In the present paper we solve the time dependent Ginzburg-Landau (TDGL) equations by using the link variables technique for two shapes of circular geometry, a circular sector and a disc. The implemented algorithm is applied to a circular geometry surrounded by different kinds of material and immersed in an external magnetic field applied perpendicular to its plane. The properties of these materials are accounted for in the de Gennes boundary conditions with the de Gennes extrapolation length (the so called b parameter). We evaluate the magnetization, the superconducting electron density, the superconducting-normal magnetic field transition, and the applied magnetic field/b-parameter phase diagram. For the circular sector, our results point out that, under an appropriate choice of the b parameter, the third critical field H(c3) can be greatly increased. For the disc, we determine the b-limit for the occurrence of the Meissner, single and multi-vortex states in a type-II superconductor. In addition, we show that under an appropriate construction of the boundary, a type-II superconducting disc may behave like a type-I.
- Superconductor Science & Technology. Bristol: Iop Publishing Ltd, v. 24, n. 1, p. 7, 2011.
- Iop Publishing Ltd
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.