Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- A new oxovanadium(IV)-cucurbituril complex: Properties and potential for confined heterogeneous catalytic oxidation reactions
- Universidade de São Paulo (USP)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq)
- Coordenação de Aperfeiçoamento de Pessoal de Nível Superior (CAPES)
- Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo (FAPESP)
- This work presents a new oxovanadium(IV)-cucurbituril complex, which combines the catalytic properties of the metal ion with the size-excluding properties of the macrocycle cavity. In this coordination compound, the VO(2-) ions are coordinated to the oxygen atoms located at the rim of the macrocycle in slightly distorted square-pyramidal configurations, which are in fact C(2v) symmetries. This combination results in a size-selective heterogeneous catalyst, which is able to oxidize linear alkanes like n-pentane at room temperature, but not styrene, cyclohexane or z-cyclooctene, which are too big to enter the cucurbituril cavity. The results presented here contribute to understanding the mechanism of alkane catalytic oxidation by oxovanadium(IV) complexes. (C) 2010 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.
- Polyhedron. Oxford: Pergamon-Elsevier B.V. Ltd, v. 29, n. 15, p. 3008-3013, 2010.
- Pergamon-Elsevier B.V. Ltd
- Coordination compound
- Size-selective catalysis
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.