Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Magnetic properties of synthetic eumelanin - Preliminary results
- Univ Guadalajara
- Univ Guanajuato
- Universidade Federal de São Carlos (UFSCar)
- Universidade de São Paulo (USP)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- We report an experimental and theoretical study of magnetic properties of synthetic eumelanin. The magnetization curves are determined by using both a vibrating sample magnetometer and a superconducting quantum interferometer device in an extended range of magnetic fields ranging from -10 kOe to 10 kOe at different temperatures. We find that the eumelanin magnetization can be qualitatively explained in terms of a simple model of dipolar spheres with an intrinsic magnetic moment. The latter one is experimentally measured by using X-band electron paramagnetic resonance. Our findings indicate that synthetic melanins are superparamagnetic.
- Photochemistry and Photobiology. Augusta: Amer Soc Photobiology, v. 84, n. 3, p. 627-631, 2008.
- Amer Soc Photobiology
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.