Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Optical Behavior of Conjugated Pt-Containing Polymetallaynes Exposed to Gamma-Ray Radiation Doses
- Univ Roma La Sapienza
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq)
- Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo (FAPESP)
- Coordenação de Aperfeiçoamento de Pessoal de Nível Superior (CAPES)
- CNEN (Brazil)
- Ateneo Federato AST
- Ateneo Federato AST: 26F09MA27
- The effect of (60)Co gamma irradiation on the absorption and emission spectra of the organometallic polymer [-Pt(PBu(3))(2)-C C-C(6)H(4)-C(6)H(4)-C C-](n) (Pt-DEBP) in chloroform and toluene solutions for dosimetry applications has been studied. The system Pt-DEBP/chloroform can be used for dosimetric applications in two different ways: (i) monitoring of absorption spectra changes for higher doses (higher than 1 Gy), and (ii) monitoring of emission spectra changes for low doses (below 1 Gy). The response of the polymer solution to gamma ray doses has been interpreted with the aid of theoretical studies based on time dependent density functional theory (TD-DFT) calculations on the absorption bands of a model complex and of the possible fragments coming from the degradation of the polymer backbone. It has been proposed that the observed changes are promoted by the attack of radicals, from the radiolysis of the solvent, on the polymer triple bonds.
- Journal of Physical Chemistry B. Washington: Amer Chemical Soc, v. 115, n. 25, p. 8047-8053, 2011.
- Amer Chemical Soc
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.