Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Structural Changes of Conjugated Pt-Containing Polymetallaynes Exposed to Gamma Ray Radiation Doses
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Univ Roma La Sapienza
- Univ Roma Tre
- Ateneo Sapienza
- MAE-MIUR Progetti di Ricerca Scientifica e Tecnologica Bilaterale
- Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq)
- Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo (FAPESP)
- Coordenação de Aperfeiçoamento de Pessoal de Nível Superior (CAPES)
- CNEN (Brazil)
- Ateneo Sapienza: 2011/C26A11PKS2
- The effect of Co-60 gamma rays irradiation on the polymetallayne [-Pt(PBu3)-C C-C6H4-C6H4-C C-](n) (Pt-DEBP) of defined chain length corresponding to 10 repeat units, has been studied in detail. The UV-vis absorption spectra of Pt-DEBP have been recorded in solution upon exposure of the polymetallayne at increasing radiation doses in the range up to 90 Gy, with special care to the features related to low doses. Complex modifications of the chemical structure of Pt-DEBP could be accessed through NMR, FTIR, GPC, and XPS characterizations, which support the attack of Cl and H radicals coming from the radiolysis of the solvent, CHCl3, to the triple C C bonds of the backbone, leading to the formation of chlorinated double and single C-C bonds, with a concomitant increase of the molecular weight due to a recombinant effect of oligomer fragments upon irradiation. The presence of vinyl and single chlorinated moieties has been sustained from the simulation of the UV-vis spectra based on theoretical calculations.
- Journal of Physical Chemistry A. Washington: Amer Chemical Soc, v. 116, n. 34, p. 8768-8774, 2012.
- Amer Chemical Soc
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.