Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- A theoretical analysis on the intramolecular proton transfer of alpha-alanine in an aqueous medium
- Univ Jaume 1
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade Federal de São Carlos (UFSCar)
- Intramolecular proton transfer from oxygen to nitrogen atoms in the alpha-alanine amino acid has been studied by ab initio methods at the HF/6-31G*, HF/6-31 ++ G** and MP2/6-31 ++ G** levels of calculation including the solvent effects by means of self-consistent reaction field theory. An analysis of the results based on the natural bond orbital charges shows that the transition structure presents an imbalance in the sense that the charge shift lags behind the proton transfer and that the bond formation is always in advance with respect to the bond cleavage. All calculation levels show that the barrier height associated with the conformational change on alpha-alanine is larger than the proton transfer process. (C) 1998 Elsevier B.V. B.V. All rights reserved.
- Chemical Physics Letters. Amsterdam: Elsevier B.V., v. 294, n. 1-3, p. 1-8, 1998.
- Elsevier B.V.
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.