Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Wannier functions of a one-dimensional photonic crystal with inversion symmetry
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Coordenação de Aperfeiçoamento de Pessoal de Nível Superior (CAPES)
- Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq)
- Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo (FAPESP)
- The maximally localized magnetic and electric Wannier functions of a one-dimensional photonic crystal with inversion symmetry are investigated. The calculated Wannier functions are real and either symmetric or anti-symmetric about an inversion centre of the crystal. The magnetic and electric Wannier functions of each band are centred at the same point, but they have opposite inversion symmetries. Interestingly, for the first band, they show different kinds of asymptotic behaviour. In turn, for higher bands, both types of Wannier functions decay in the same way. When dealing with localized electromagnetic modes in a perturbed one-dimensional crystal, the knowledge of these properties should help to build an appropriate basis set of Wannier functions.
- Journal of Physics B-atomic Molecular and Optical Physics. Bristol: Iop Publishing Ltd, v. 43, n. 21, p. 8, 2010.
- Iop Publishing Ltd
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.