Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Optimal reactive power flow via the modified barrier Lagrangian function approach
- Universidade de São Paulo (USP)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq)
- Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo (FAPESP)
- A new approach called the Modified Barrier Lagrangian Function (MBLF) to solve the Optimal Reactive Power Flow problem is presented. In this approach, the inequality constraints are treated by the Modified Barrier Function (MBF) method, which has a finite convergence property: i.e. the optimal solution in the MBF method can actually be in the bound of the feasible set. Hence, the inequality constraints can be precisely equal to zero. Another property of the MBF method is that the barrier parameter does not need to be driven to zero to attain the solution. Therefore, the conditioning of the involved Hessian matrix is greatly enhanced. In order to show this, a comparative analysis of the numeric conditioning of the Hessian matrix of the MBLF approach, by the decomposition in singular values, is carried out. The feasibility of the proposed approach is also demonstrated with comparative tests to Interior Point Method (IPM) using various IEEE test systems and two networks derived from Brazilian generation/transmission system. The results show that the MBLF method is computationally more attractive than the IPM in terms of speed, number of iterations and numerical conditioning. (C) 2011 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- Electric Power Systems Research. Lausanne: Elsevier B.V. Sa, v. 84, n. 1, p. 159-164, 2012.
- Elsevier B.V. Sa
- Modified barrier function
- Interior point method
- Nonlinear programming
- Optimal power flow
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.