Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Experimental and theoretical correlation of very intense visible green photoluminescence in BaZrO3 powders
- Universidade Federal de São Carlos (UFSCar)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Empresa Brasileira de Pesquisa Agropecuária (EMBRAPA)
- Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Norte (UFRN)
- Very intense visible green photoluminescence (PL) was observed at room temperature in structurally ordered-disordered BaZrO3 powders. Ab initio calculations, ultraviolet-visible absorption spectroscopy, electron paramagnetic resonance, and PL were performed. Theoretical and experimental results showed that local defects in the cubic structure caused by [ZrO5 center dot V-O(z)] complex clusters, where V-O(z) = V-O(x), V-O(center dot), and V-O(center dot center dot), play an important role in the formation of hole-electron pairs, giving rise to a charge gradient in the structure which is responsible for PL emission. (c) 2008 American Institute of Physics.
- Journal of Applied Physics. Melville: Amer Inst Physics, v. 103, n. 6, p. 8, 2008.
- American Institute of Physics (AIP)
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.