Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Contribuições da CADES para a Educação (Matemática) Secundária no Brasil: uma Descrição da Produção Bibliográfica (1953-1971)
- CADES and (Mathematics) Education in Brazil: Some Brief Remarks on the Books Edited by the Campaign for the Improvement and Diffusion of High School (1953-1971)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Univ Reg Blumenau FURB
- The so called Campaign for the Improvement and Diffusion of High School (in Portuguese, CADES) took place between 1953 and 1971, in Brazil. During this period, the Campaign published or helped publish dozens of books, in different teaching areas, and several of them were located by the authors of this article. These books guided high school teachers with respect to curriculum planning, legal aspects and methods of teaching. In this article, we contextualize historically this Campaign and also mention its objectives. We briefly describe some of the books found - especially those related to the teaching of mathematics - in order to open perspectives for future approaches and research that can be done based on this written material. Our main aim is to discuss its orientations and to provide ingredients that enable the construction of considerations related to this perspective of training mathematics teachers during a period when there were few colleges and universities to prepare teachers in Brazil.
- Bolema-mathematics Education Bulletin-boletim de Educacao Matematica. Rio Claro: Unesp-dept Mathematica, v. 23, n. 35, p. 159-183, 2010.
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP), Departamento de Matemática
- Brazilian High School Teaching
- Mathematics Teachers
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.