Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Time-domain analysis of piezoelectric impedance-based structural health monitoring using multilevel wavelet decomposition
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Virginia Tech
- Coordenação de Aperfeiçoamento de Pessoal de Nível Superior (CAPES)
- Ministry of Education of Brazil
- Air Force Office of Scientific Research (AFOSR)
- Ministry of Education of Brazil: BEX 3634/09-4
- Ministry of Education of Brazil: BEX 0125/10-5
- AFOSR: FA95550-06-1-0309
- A new approach to analyze the response from a piezoelectric wafer in an impedance-based structural health monitoring (SHM) method is proposed. It is shown that the time-domain response of a piezoceramic wafer provides information on the electromechanical impedance (EMI) variation when a monitored structure is damaged. Practical analysis was carried out using wavelet transform in two different levels. This approach simplifies EMI based SHM and the results show that it is more sensitive to damage than methods based on impedance measurements in the frequency domain. The efficiency of this new approach is demonstrated through experiments using an aluminum plate. The piezoelectric wafer was excited using a chirp signal and its response was analyzed using both frequency response functions (FRF) and the proposed method. The results confirm that this new approach is more sensitive to detect damage than FRF based methods. (C) 2010 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.
- Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing. London: Academic Press Ltd- Elsevier B.V. Ltd, v. 25, n. 5, p. 1550-1558, 2011.
- Academic Press Ltd Elsevier B.V. Ltd
- Electromechanical impedance
- Structural health monitoring
- Wavelet analysis
- Time-domain electromechanical impedance
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.