Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Analysis of forecasting capabilities of ground surfaces valuation using artificial neural networks
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo (FAPESP)
- IFM - The Institute Factory of Millennium
- Industry worldwide has been marked by intense competition in recent years, placing companies under ever increasing pressure to improve the efficiency of their product processes. In addition to efficiency, precision is an extremely important factor, allowing companies to maintain standards and procedures aligned with international standards. One of the finishing processes most widely utilized for the manufacturing of mechanical precision components is grinding, and one of the principal criteria for evaluating the final quality of a product is its surface, which is influenced mainly by thermal and mechanical factors. Thus, the objective of this work was to investigate the intrinsic relationship between the surface quality of ground workpieces and the behavior of the corresponding acoustic emission and grinding power signals in the surface grinding processes, using artificial neural networks. The surface quality of workpieces was analyzed based on parameters of surface grinding burn, surface roughness and microhardness. The use of artifice-al neural networks in the characterization of the surface quality ground workpieces was found to yield good results, constituting an interesting proposal for the implementation of intelligent systems in industrial environments.
- Journal of The Brazilian Society of Mechanical Sciences and Engineering. Rio de Janeiro Rj: Abcm Brazilian Soc Mechanical Sciences & Engineering, v. 32, n. 2, p. 146-153, 2010.
- Abcm Brazilian Soc Mechanical Sciences & Engineering
- burn detection
- surface roughness
- artificial neural networks
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.